I try to express my gratitude as often as possible. However, I’m going to take it to a public forum and share 30 things I’m thankful for. These are in no particular order.
1. Paul makes me a whole person. He truly is the yin to my yang. I hope he knows how much I adore him.
2. Zachary and Devin make my heart smile. I didn’t know I was capable to love as much as I love them.
3. Beth Joy has always been my mother who I knew loved me. I am so glad that she is now my best friend. She knows how to keep things in perspective for me.
4. January 11, 1993. A date in history that helped turn my life in a new direction.
5. My brother DJ has always looked out for me. His family is a blessing.
6. Lyle came into our lives and showed us better ways to be.
7. My dad always tells me how proud he is of me.
8. John and Tracy have added so much to my life.
9. Nieces and nephews for making me smile and laugh every chance they get.
10. In-laws who always make me feel like I am where I’m supposed to be.
11. Extended family for accepting me for who I am.
12. Atlantic High School faculty is comprised of amazing teachers. I appreciate how they never back away from challenges and truly want to do the best for our students.
13. AHS Student Council and NHS for setting great examples for our student body.
14. The AHS student body for being our students.
15. Cathy K., the queen of AHS. She is the backbone of AHS. I can never thank her enough for all that she does.
16. Danna and Amber for always working so hard.
17. Josh R. for helping keep things in perspective and for working to make a difference.
18. Friends for continually showing their support.
19. Our home is where I’m most comfortable.
20. Days when I can be home and cuddle with our family while watching movies.
21. The examples set by my grandparents serve as my guides to be better.
22. Twitter, where I find some great resources from others around the state and where I can share my thoughts on anything.
23. Facebook for keeping me connected to people who have left handprints on my heart.
24. Blogspot for which I wouldn’t have an avenue to share my thoughts.
25. Mr. Mendez, my third grade teacher, for recognizing that I needed more help with reading and never gave up on me.
26. Miss Shaw, my fifth grade teacher, for talking to me with respect and for expecting more from me.
27. Those who invested in making me be better than I imagined I could be. I work to make all proud, myself included.
28. People who work to make the world a better place.
29. The Big Bang Theory creators for making a show that helps take my mind off of things.
30. My life experiences because it is through these that I have become who I am and continue to grow to be.